From the Adams County Press [Friendship, Adams Co. WI], Saturday August 19, 1911, Page 1 Column 2 Robert LAMPHEAR, the fifth child of Mr. and Mrs. William LAMPHEAR of this place, died Sunday morning the 13th inst. Robert Muriel was born March 21st, 1910. The little fellow had been sick for a number of days with cholera infantum, which disease at last took him away. Services were held at the home of Rev. James Deans assisted by the Congregational church choir. The little body was laid to rest in the Mt. Repose cemetery. A number of relatives and friends from Big Flats and Hancock were present. We extend our sympathy to the bereaved parents. Transcriber's Note: The medical term Cholera Infantum often was listed as a cause of death for infants who died during the warm months of the year, before modern refrigeration became common. Today it would also be known as food poisoning in many cases.
TO RETURN TO THE MAIN PAGE ON THIS SITE: Back to menu
Donated by Joan Benner © 2002