Questions Asked on the 1860 Census
The 1860 Census Column Headings Asked the Following Questions
1. Dwelling houses, numbered in the order of visitation.
2. Families numbered in the order of visitation.
3. Name of every person whose usual place of abode on the first day of
June, 1860, was in this family. 4. Age
7. Profession, occupation or trade of each person, male or female, over
15 years of age.
8. Value of real estate.
9. Value of personal estate. (possessions)
10. Place of birth, naming the state, territory or country.
11. Married within the year.
12. Attended school within the year.
13. Persons over 20 years of age who cannot read and write.
14. Whether deaf and dumb, blind, insane, idiotic, pauper or convict
This site is maintained by Joan and this page was last updated January 2003
Back to menu page